pages

Monday 24 June 2013

Review - Bee Venom Manuka Doctor api clear (Cleanser & Moisturiser)



A foaming face wash, containing Purified Bee Venom & UMF 18+ Manuka. The cleanser aims to reduce the appearance of  blemishes and scars , leaving skin clearer and more radiant.


Moisturiser containing Purified Bee Venom & UMF 18+ Manuka. Aims to eliminate the causes of blemishes, maintain the skins moisture level and the balance of natural oils. 

Moisturiser and Cleanser - £16.99 each
(There are many offers at Holland and Barrett so they often work out cheaper) 


Superdrug, Manuka doctor (can check other stockists on the site) ,Holland and Barrett.

Both products work amazingly and I would 100% recommend them. I have acne prone skin and nothing has ever worked very well to improve it (and trust me I've tried everything !!) but this product works wonders. I originally saw it on Millie Mackintosh's blog and she gave it a very good review, however she is the brand ambassador so it's expected. I have read that Kate Middleton, Victoria Beckham and Kylie Minogue use bee venom and love it (not the same brand), so I thought I would give it a try not expecting much as it's on the cheaper end of the scale for bee venom, and you cant always believe what you read. 

When you first start using these products there is a bit of a tingling sensation, but it isn't uncomfortable at all and I like the fact you can feel that it's doing something. After around 3 days of using these, I noticed a difference in my skin it was smoother, clearer and looked more vibrant. The packaging tells you to use the products morning and night however I use the facial cleaner once a day in the night, because my skin is quite sensitive and I don't want to be too harsh with it. I use the moistouriser before applying my makeup and sometimes mixed in with it too. 

*The moisturiser lasts for ages, I've had the same one for almost a year.



Although the moisturiser lasts for ages, the face wash finishes pretty quickly after about 3 months, bearing in mind i'm only using it once a day, and although it is on the cheaper side of the bee venom market it is still a fairly expensive face wash in general. I'd advise people who want to get this product to always try and buy it during the penny sale at Holland and Barrett so you can buy one and get another for a penny. 


Do not use these products if you have an allergy to bee stings, they recommend that you do a patch test on your skin prior to using it to ensure that you do not have any allergic reactions. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog, I appreciate all of your comments :)
Misha x